A few questions for those who homeschool

Welcome Catholic Moms! Forums General Topics A few questions for those who homeschool

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  luvbeinamommy 7 years ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

I have a few questions….

what do you say when people say: “You cant home school, kids need to learn social skills, they can only learn that at public school?”

I know that kids cannot LEARN social skills. Sociability is not taught. I need to know what to say to refute this and look smart about it! HELP!

:?

Sometimes I might say…Do you send your child to school to socialize or to get an education?
    Or I might say…I didn’t think the teacher really encouraged talking during class.
    The best book I ever read on this topic and on homeschooling in general is Linda Dobson’s book “The Homeschooling Book of Answers” This book is practical and phenomenal. It should give you the tools you need to become confident in homeschooling.

The other thing I’ve learned since taking the homeschooling leap is: I don’t have to be accountable to or defensive towards anybody else. We know this is what’s best for our family and our kids. When somebody makes a comment or asks a question, I usually just say “Well. this is what works perfectly for our family and I wouldn’t change it.”
    I have found that this bold confidence usually shuts them up as opposed to trying to defend everything.

Good luck and I hope you get the book. It was a HUGE encouragement to me…I have read it twice! It’s real easy to read too because most of it is written in Q&A form so you can just look up the answers that pertain to your questions.

Heather

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.