karenann

Hi. This is also my first time on here. Everyone has given you lovely advice.
I have a few insights to add from an experienced mom of 4 who has been both a stay at home and a working mother. Staying at home with your child is a wonderful and very fulfilling career and much more important than killing time earning money. Trust me. In 20 years all of the money I have earned working will surely be gone as well as all of the junk I bought with it. But my children will still be around and will still be the most important “thing” I ever accomplished.
I also became pregnant before I was married and before I meant to at age 19. I was still able to go to college and have the career I dreamed of after the birth of my second child and well after the age of 25. When my 3rd was born I chose to stay home again. I went back to work part time after the 4th child was old enough although my husband and I have juggled work so that they never went to daycare. I now work fulltime (3 twelve hour shifts a week as a nurse and lactation consultant) and would love to stay at home again but my husband is not working due to the economy being poor and I am the breadwinner.
I know many working moms who would love to stay at home. You are so blessed! Before you know it your beautiful baby will be in kindergarten, then high school. It goes by in the blink of an eye. And by the way my oldest daughter is almost 25 and she recently told me she is worried she will never meet someone, get married and have kids because she is getting too old. We always seem to want what we don’t have. So my advice to you is this: Stop, take a deep breath and look at what you have and think of how blessed you are. Look at your baby’s sweet face tonight when he is asleep and drink it in and tuck that memory away forever. Live in the moment and enjoy what you have. This is where you are meant to be.