jeannicol

Dear Rachel Susanne,

This is my first time on this site, and I hope that I can offer you some encouragement. I believe that the posting by MommyRose is very helpful, and I do hope that you will be able to try some of her advice.

Staying at home with your child is one of the most important things that God is asking of you right now. Being a wife and stay-at-home mother is not to be looked at as something inferior. You have made the right decision to stay at home, even though there are some sacrifices. The problem nowadays is that we do not hear the word “sacrifice” anymore. Being with your child at such a tender age is what God wishes of you. As many of us with married children and grandchildren will tell you–they grow so fast and it is so important to be with them to nurture them and teach them about Jesus and Mary.

I was a stay-at-home Mom and have never regretted it. My husband and I raised a large family, and had to make special dates to have time for each other. This can be done right in your own home. You can prepare a special meal that you will have when your child is in bed. The setting can very informal, but the most important thing is that you will have spent time together for the caring and loving that you both deserve.

I do hope that you will look into using Natural Family Planning, a way of life that will enhance the relationship of you and your husband, and bring you closer to God. Believe me, I know, as my husband and I have been teachers of natural family planning since 1971.

Some of my married daughters are stay-at-home moms, one has 7 children and one has 6 and number 7 on the way. They have gotten many comments about being at home, but know that this is what God wishes of them now. Motherhood is their number one responsibility.

You may contact the Couple-To-Couple League for information about natural family planning at http://www.ccli.org

By the way, I am a mother of 7 children, and a grandmother of 20 with number 21 on the way.

I wish God’s blessings to you and your husband, and your dear child Gabriel.

I will be praying especially for you each day.

Prayerfully in Jesus and Mary,

Jean