Reply To: Advice on going back to work…

Welcome Catholic Moms! Forums Raising Great Kids! Advice on going back to work… Reply To: Advice on going back to work…

There are MANY out there that are flat-out scams, or pyramid/multi-level (where you don’t make much money and you have a high initial investment). I would stay away from anything where they asked for money up front. They should be paying YOU, not the other way around. I just looked at http://www.monster.com and found a couple of jobs for online college instructors or online elementary tutors. I know there are several companies out there that do this. You can try Yahoo jobs as well. I give piano lessons from my home and the going rate around here is $25-$30 per hour for a lesson so I make pretty good money. Just takes a little planning and a recital once a year! I have to turn people away every week because I don’t want to work full-time. I like to keep 8-10 students since I have a 4 and a 1 year old to take care of, and DH will be 5 this month and we are homeschooling as well. Grandma or daddy usually plays with the kids in the other room while I teach. It’s very rewarding and a break from laundry, dishes, diapers, etc :)
Good luck! If I find out anything else, I’ll let you know!
Heather