Reply To: any advice with this situation would really be appreciated

Welcome Catholic Moms! Forums General Topics any advice with this situation would really be appreciated Reply To: any advice with this situation would really be appreciated

Update:
I did the Clonard Novena–lovely experience. I’m so glad. I was concentrating on Chicago because of the alternative teacher certification program they have–I’ve checked out tons of places’ alternative cert. programs, but most of them you have to have had a certain minimum GPA at university. I just barely passed. Chicago is the only one I have found so far that will take any Bachelor’s degree no matter what your GPA. But I was on the point of having almost all my ducks lined up, and They said the program is no longer running at the moment!! I can still take classes toward certification, but I would have to line up enough student loans to let me do it full time, not working. So I am checking into student loans, but now I am coming across a possible fatal hitch that I hadn’t quite seen before–the obvious one: They ask my state of legal residence–????? I have no address in America any more. I put my half brother’s address. But they want to know my income stuff– I have been living on Asylum Seekers benefit in the UK!! So I put it under “other”!!!
HMMMMMMM……………….. I am going to check out more states alternative cert. programs. not very hopeful. I would love more than anything to teach in a Catholic school, but at least in Illinois you have to be certified first. –not to mention the very low pay in the Catholic sectoe–but I will make it work–don’t care about the pay.
:D
But what can I do???
Before, when I went to the US consulate in person with my documents, to check on the program they have for repatriating people in dire straits, they said it doesn’t apply to me because I’m not in immediate danger!!!
I’m not giving up! I have finally got to the point in my life where I am getting more and more blessed and getting better and better at sharing my life with others, and I need to be able to serve. Teaching is somehow what I am meant for. (my granny I grew up with and her sister after shee died) were 1st and 2nd grade teachers and taught me to read and that has always been my thing!