Reply To: Anger

Welcome Catholic Moms! Forums General Topics Anger Reply To: Anger

andrea

I feel for you – really. Sometimes I can be a little judgemental about people jumping for medicine (something I really try to work on). PPD is really horrible for some, but I think your OB needs to get her head on straight just giving you the meds without questions. My family wasn’t big into medications for everything they hand out anymore- a long story! So I think that’s another reason I’m the way I am. I really struggle with finding a Dr. I want someone that is moral and I trust – lets just say I haven’t found that person yet. well I have but they won’t take more people. I had my son at home and completely trust the midwives *laugh* One being my mom! Anyway – I didn’t get PPD at all, but about the third day after I had my son, and for about a week I felt depressed and really in the dumps. I knew it would happen from what I have heard about the hormone fluctuations. My mom really helped me through it as well as my hubby. I think too (I could be totally wrong though) having two little ones and being home all the time can make you depressed sometimes anyway. I felt like that being home this winter, sick from being pregnant and NOTHING TO DO. I started doing more – getting active in things that I could do with my little guy. La Leche League (I’ve been in it for awhile though), Familia (a wonderful church group for woman of children), the library, and trying to get to know other mom’s that have similar values and beliefs. It’s helped to get together – I’m SO not a winter person and with my family being a little ways away I couldn’t always just go there when I wanted. Do you have things you are active in? I’m not trying to belittle what your going through – I know feeling like that is horrible – there is light and your in my prayers. Andrea (Sorry I kind of got side tracked here.)