Reply To: Need advice on getting tubes tied

Welcome Catholic Moms! Forums Religious Questions Need advice on getting tubes tied Reply To: Need advice on getting tubes tied

rosannajames

Dear 4mom,

I asked a lady who is an NFP consultant about your post and what she would suggest. Here is her reply:

Would you give her my email address (sfp@thosepetersons.com)and encourage her to contact me?

NFP absolutely, positively CAN be effective for her even though her cycles have not yet returned and there is no reason she should have to choose between total abstinence and another pregnancy before they are able to handle one.

I would be more than happy to teach her NFP via emails and phone calls so she doesn’t need a babysitter and I don’t charge anything at all for instruction so finances shouldn’t be an issue.

The priest she spoke to was wrong. Having one’s tubes tied is always, ALWAYS gravely immoral and the ‘something’ that is pulling her back is the Holy Spirit speaking to her conscience.

Here is what the Catechism of the Catholic Church says:

“Legitimate intentions on the part of the spouses do not justify recourse to morally unacceptable means (for example, direct sterilization or contraception).” (2399)

And here is what Pope John Paul II said, “Contraception is to be judged so profoundly unlawful as to be never, for any reason, justified. To think or to say the contrary is equal to maintaining that in human life, situations may arise in which it is lawful not to recognize God as God.”

From her post it sounds as though she does have very good reasons to avoid pregnancy, but serious reasons to avoid pregnancy justify the use of NFP – NEVER the use of contraception or sterilization.

I will keep this woman and her family in my prayers and please feel free to post this PM if you think it would help.

In Him,
Sara

///Here is also the site where you can ask questions about NFP etc…

http://p205.ezboard.com/fcatholicmomcommunityfrm120

God bless and I hope this information gives you some help!