Reply To: When to TEACH babies

Welcome Catholic Moms! Forums Raising Great Kids! When to TEACH babies Reply To: When to TEACH babies

elisa

Hey,
Yeah, we do sign language. I’ve been signing with him forever now, and he still rarely signs back. I’ve been doing “more” forever and he knows what it means but he won’t sign it back, he’ll just smile and wait for me to give him more.
I showed him “rain” yesterday and he imitated it. So, he’s starting to sign back a little, but not as much as I thought he would, by now. He’s 13 months, and I’ve been showing him signs at least since he was 6 months old.
But, it doesn’t even bother me that he doesn’t sign back too much. At least he understand exactly what I’m saying =)

On another note, I take him potty on the baby bjorn little potty every morning after he wakes up and he always poops and pees. Yesterday monring, he crawled out of bed (sleeps on a mattress on the floor) and crawled to the potty! YAY!! I haven’t had to change a poopy diaper in a while! I’m very excited abou this, since my friend’s almost 4 year old, is not even CLOSE to being potty trained. Wets the bed every night and poops in his pants sometimes during the day. =( Then again, it’s not the #1 priority on his mom’s list, she said she is too tired to take him potty at night.

3 min. potty trip versus wet mattress….hm…I pick potty trip.