Reply To: Need some advice, pls!

Welcome Catholic Moms! Forums General Topics Need some advice, pls! Reply To: Need some advice, pls!

celticspirit

Tina,

It’s nice to hear that there was someone who helped you understand a little better.

I never knew about the sub-sects thing. I *did* know that not all Baptists were like that and I knew a few folks from OTHER denominations (including nondenominational Christianity) who are very anti-Catholic.

It’s the biggest reason that I stick around the Catholic boards because the all encompassing Christian ones can be hostile to us Catholics. Not outwardly hostile, but you get the idea.

And, for the record, I get the most hostility toward my faith from my in-laws who are angry atheists. I think that somehow they feel threatened by our faith (DH & I). :roll:

ETA: I searched Karl Keating’s name on Barnes and Noble and he has a load of books that sound VERY interesting!!! Oh, the title of the book that was recommended is, “Catholicism and Fundamentalism: The Attack on Romanism by Bible Christians.” It sounds VERY interesting!!