Reply To: How many of you come here on a regular basis?

Welcome Catholic Moms! Forums General Topics How many of you come here on a regular basis? Reply To: How many of you come here on a regular basis?

nan

Hi Lisa,
I was intrigued by your question, since sometimes it doesn’t seem like there is a lot going on and yet there are usually a large (well, in the 30s, anyway) number of guests whenever I check in. So I’m guessing our little chats are encouraging to moms along their way.
To answer your question- I usaully check in once a week unless chaos has stuck my like again. But I don’t always log in (and when I do I have to go find something I’ve already posted to find my name here- it’s not the password I lose, it’s my identity!)
What’s going on in my life? that would be worth knowing? Well, my first grandchild will be one year old this week. I got to see her and her mom for the whole of a weekend womens conference and it was great. The conference was a real spiritual boost too, which has kept me more positive in the face of little difficulties since. I am spending a lot of time passing doctor’s tests, which is better than failling them, but takes a lot of time from what I would normally be doing- self employed gathering public record information. I home schooled for 20+ years and I miss the academics, I know it’s strange but I miss the math. I have actually taken out an old algebra II book and done some problems once when I couldn’t sleep. I know you have heard older people say “time flies – treasure it” but it never seemed to be going so fast when diapers and dishes and laundry seemed never ending, and yet I’m here to say once more,”they do end, or at least get down to small little piles- in the cases of dishes and laundry. My life is mostly good, just different these last two years. With only one of the five children still home, and he is a high school junior, the biggest teeth clenchers are new driver ing and decerning/choosing a college/carreer path, that is: helping him hear from God. And there’s no secret to that – you just PRAY PRAY PRAY and repeat as needed.

smiles and waves,
Nan