Reply To: Hope I can find someone to relate

Welcome Catholic Moms! Forums General Topics Hope I can find someone to relate Reply To: Hope I can find someone to relate

kathylm

I can relate totally! I, too, am an extrovert and prior to starting to homeschool my 2 daughters, I was NEVER at home. I always chuckled when someone would refer to “stay-at-home” moms because I was never at home – always volunteering.
We began homeschooling when our daughters were in 6th and 8th grades (in 1999). I was very concerned about the change in my lifestyle as well. But, I knew that homeschooling was the best option for our family and I decided that it was where God wanted me.
What helped me is that we have a huge homeschooling community where we live. Actually, there were about 4 different Catholic homeschooling groups in addition to the larger homeschooling community. My daughters are athletes and there was also a very good Homeschooling Athletic group. Much of our social life revolved around the athletics and the Catholic support group. If you have not connected with other homeschoolers yet, I would encourage you to do so. Also, you might try getting involved in a Bible Study at your parish or something else of interest to you. I have discovered that the times in lives when I felt most uncomfortable were opportunities to learn more about myself and grow! While homeschooling will restrict what you do in the daytime, you can fill those social needs you have with programs that go on at night.
Many blessings! Homeschooling is a huge change in lifestyle but it will be so worth it in the long-run.
Kathy