Reply To: Conflicted on birth control….

Welcome Catholic Moms! Forums Religious Questions Conflicted on birth control…. Reply To: Conflicted on birth control….

mama2_boys

Hello! Welcome to the boards! I love your username!!! I can’t wait to get to know you better. This is a wonderfully supportive group of Catholic mamas. I am a SAHM to only 2 little ones. I am praying that God will bless me with many more in the future. Your post had a sort of sad tone to it. I want you to know that I will be praying for you and your husband and that God will lead you. I also will be praying for your health throughout the pregnancy and delivery. How far along are you?? How old are your children? Do you live somewhere where you have a support system? I can’t imagine how difficult it must be to have 5 children in the home especially when you feel that you can’t give them the 110% that they need 24/7. First and foremost, I will be praying for your family situation as it is and your pregnancy and health. You said that you feel that God may be calling you to adopt. He very well may be. There is such a need for loving individuals who will open their homes up for children (not just infants) who need a home so desperately. I truly believe that if we pray and have faith, the Lord will never give us more than we can handle. He will also give us the graces that we need to handle even what we think will be impossible. Bring these concerns and thoughts to Him daily in your prayers. That is what He wants all of us to do. Have you been trained in any form of NFP? You didn’t mention it in your post. I would recommend searching out the reasoning for the church’s teaching on sexuality. There is a lot of great info out there that pertains to situations like yours. A website that I know of is http://www.omsoul.org . Janet Smith is a great speaker on this. I think that you can order a copy of her famous lecture on this topic for free off of that website. If not, I have a copy of the cassette that I could send you if you pm me. Maybe others on the board could suggest other resources for you to check out as well. I can’t think of others off hand.

I will pray that you will have peace in your heart, marriage and home.

Please check back in whenever you can and let us know how you are feeling and how things are going for you.

God bless you!